Jan 22, 2015

The Photographer That Convinced Me To Join The Club

Senior year, high school.

Back then I was living in Buenos Aires, Argentina and had already been accepted to Brigham Young University.

Back then I was considering choosing either Humanities, English Literature, or Broadcast Journalism as my major.

That until I joined the Photo Club and we all went as a group to this guy's exhibit.

Source


Steve McCurry. The photojournalist that spinned my world.

If you haven't had a chance, check his work out: it is truly inspiring and evocative. If nothing else, you might have seen this famous portrait, entitled Afghan Girl.




I liked it so much I convinced my entire family to come see it. And in those museum halls is where I felt the power of photographs for the first time.

Here are some of my favorites that I still remember from that exhibit years back:





His use of color and composition, paired with genuine expressions and the fleeting moment is what captivates me in every single one of his portraits.

McCurry's work is unparalleled and I my hope is that more people get exposed to it.



*All images in this post were shared from www.stevemccurry.com and are NOT of my authorship.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Star stickers to you! Thank you for your comment!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger