May 8, 2015

2 Hours Worth of Portraits in 30 Minutes--And How You Can Do It, Too! (Danielle Seniors)

Danielle sought me to do her Senior portraits and I'm so glad she did, 'cuz I got to spend a delightful afternoon working and laughing with this girl and her family. Ok, it wasn't the entire afternoon, though I kinda feel I could shoot her portraits all day long. These were actually shot in less than an hour (her session was only 30 minutes long!) and man, how it was productive (and fun)!

Here's to being efficient and making your clients feel comfortable and look good  in record time! :) 


 How I did it, you might ask?

It's not so much having every single detail planned out as it is to have key poses and looks in your head, and simply directing your client into them! I knew my location beforehand but not the specific spots we were going to shoot at. Then it all boiled down to making those poses and looks work for Danielle and the location at hand. As soon as I knew I had the shot recorded in my camera I would move on, getting an average of 2-3 shots in 3-5 minutes per spot (as opposed to exhausting all looks in a single location).

This approach gave us more effective shooting time and a variety of looks that in the past I would have only been able to get if the session had been 2 hours long!

 On another light, the session was technically a bit longer than 30 minutes (maybe 45-50min) simply because we had to walk from one end of the park to the other. Being Brazilian at heart, I'm really flexible with time: I don't mind going a bit over the time if it's going to lend us amazing light, location or looks.

These last two images were the main hero shots we went for during "overtime", but in my opinion, they were totally worth it! It's towards the end of the session that we get our best creative juices flowing and there's no way I'm gonna let it pass!

Stunning girl, right there! ^

If you would like me to take your headshots or portraits, send me a note on my Contact Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Star stickers to you! Thank you for your comment!

Theme designed by Feeric Studios. Copyright © 2013. Powered by Blogger